Mr. Mellon is a founding partner of the firm. He secured the designation of Charter Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) and Associate in Risk Management (ARM) from The Institutes. He has served for many years as an adjunct professor at the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, teaching courses on insurance law and medical malpractice. He has also been an instructor at Lawrence Technological University, where he taught multiple courses, including the Legal Environment of Insurance, Property Loss Adjusting, the Claims Environment, and Liability Claims Practices. For over 45 years, Mr. Mellon has represented governmental pools, healthcare providers, insurance companies, insurance agents, and individuals in coverage and other disputes. He serves as General Counsel to the Michigan Municipal Risk Management Authority, and has also acted as counsel to guide businesses in a variety of industries in day-to-day matters. Mr. Mellon maintains a rating of “AV” by Marindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating for both legal ability and ethical standards.
- University of Detroit – Bachelor of Arts
- University of Detroit – Masters of Arts
- University of Detroit School of Law – Juris Doctor
- Wayne State University School of Law – LLM in Labor and Employment Law
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals (Sixth Circuit)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
We are committed to serving and advocating for the best interests of our clients.